⌵ 🏁 TOUR: CITY TOUR
- Type: Self-Guided
- Distance: 106 km (65 miles). )
- Days: 1 day
- Road type: 100% Asphalt
- Weather: Variable.
- Details: PG13, short run
Get ready to know Quito, the oldest city in South America, the second highest capital in the world and the Winner of 4 Tourism Oscar in one full day on a motorcycle.
ITINERARYWe’ll start with a safety briefing in our offices in Quito, where the paperwork will be filled in swiftly, the gear and motorcycles will be delivered. Then, without any further delay, you’ll hit the road.
⌵ FIRST STOP :
FIRST STOPDeparting from our offices at 8 am, the first stop takes place at the Pululahua volcano. One of the few craters in the world that allows life inside of it. Stunning way to start your day.
⌵ SECOND STOP:
SECOND STOPThe Solar museum Intiñan has one of the best explanations and is pretty interactive about how, when and specific details about the Equatorial line.
⌵ THIRD STOP:
THIRD STOPBeing in Quito and not visiting the Mitad del Mundo monument is like never being there. Therefore your next stop will be there, where you can enjoy and learn about the truths and myths about being in latitude 0.
Also, in the walk inside the monument, you will get to learn at a glance an important part of the history of Ecuador and its different cultures.
⌵ FOURTH STOP:
FOURTH STOP:Lunch time is hitting on us and why not having your meal while enjoying the best weather from the valleys. Cumbaya valley is considered one of the most beautiful and posh valleys in Ecuador. To get there, you will ride through Collas, a route that besides letting you enjoy an amazing landscape, it also feels it has been designed for motorcycles and runs from the north of the city to the the west side.
⌵ FIFTH STOP:
FIFTH STOP:From Cumbaya, you’ll ride to the historical center of Quito, reason why Quito was declared cultural heritage of the humanity. Visit the famous Basilica del Voto Nacional, and from its hill, you can take pictures of Quito and the surroundings.
⌵ SIXTH STOP:
SIXTH STOP:Carondelet, the formal house of the president and the gubernamental palace will be the place to visit here. Many stories surround the famous La Ronda street. Near by the center, La Compañia church and its Baroque style will leave you breathless.
⌵ SEVENTH STOP:
SEVENTH STOP:Few minutes away, there is El Panecillo, a view point for the whole city. At the top, La Virgen de Quito will welcome you. With her face staring at Quito, shows her blessing to the city.
A perfect point for a snack here. Enjoy “Canelazos" with higo sandwich. to keep your self warm at those heights.
⌵ EIGHTTH STOP:
EIGHT STOP:Last stop will be at Teleférico. Finishing our tour with a beautiful sight of the city at night. The Teleferico will take you from 2500 meters (8175 feet) to close to the 4000 meters (13100 feet) above mean sea level in 15 minutes.
- Fully loaded gas tank Motorcycle ready to roll.
- Two helmets.
- GPS tracking system with a panic button installed in the motorcycle, with 24 hour support ready to assist you.
- A briefing before your departure about local rules and your route. We will be explaining you a bit more about your tour.
- Medical insurance according to our insurance package.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Voucher for a security deposit using a major card is required.
- Ecuador IVA tax (if you’re Ecuadorian).
- Hotel accomodations before and after your tour.
- Parking lot fees.
- National ID, or passport (we’ll take a copy)
- Driver’s license for the type of vehicle Class A for Suzuki Vstrom and Class A2 or B for the scooter (or their equivalent).
- Any Major credit card for the security deposit under the rider’s name.